WHAT IS A DOULA
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of a new little life…each one is such a miracle! Having a doula is very beneficial when a woman has made the choice to experience birth as natural as possible. We are there to encourage you throughout the entire birthing process and never leave your side.
- Reduction In Cesarean Rate 50% 50%
- Shorter Labor 25% 25%
- Reduction In Epidural Requests 60% 60%
- Reduction In Pitocin Use 40% 40%
- Reduction In Analgesia Use 30% 30%
- Reduction In Forceps Delivery 40% 40%
HOW I PERSONALLY HELP
- A free consultation where we get acquainted with one another, explain my doula services and answer your questions
- Discuss how I may best support and assist you
- Assistance in helping you create your “wish list”
- 24 hour on-call availability along with a doula backup when necessary
- Telephone and/or email support any time to discuss your questions or concerns
The role of the doula is never to take the place of the partner during labor, but to compliment and enhance their experience. Today, many fathers are taking a more active role in the birth process, but some partners feel that this is a huge expectation and would rather be able to enjoy the delivery without having to stand in as labor coach. With a doula as part of the birth team, a father can do whatever he feels comfortable with at each moment. Doulas can encourage the father to use comfort measures and can step in when he needs a break. Having a doula allows the father to be able to support his partner emotionally during labor and birth and also enjoy it himself without the pressure to remember everything he learned in childbirth class.
During Labor, birth and immediate postpartum
- Support and assistance in your home, birth center or hospital
- Assistance with pain coping techniques
- I provide you with factual information that can assist you in making informed decisions
- I keep a journal of the details of your birth and put into story form from my perspective
- Stay with you for 2 hours after your birth to assist with cleanup, make sure you are fed, and help with breastfeeding.
- Follow-up two week postpartum visit to discuss your birth experience, answer questions, and present you with your “Birth Story”
My Fee Also Includes
your registration to the unique Birth Journey workshop (a one day, intensive childbirth class valued at $200) in addition to all of the above mentioned extras…Birth story, and initial breastfeeding support. Birth photography can be added to the doula package for an additional fee.
Her humble understanding and guidance was a gift to us with the arrival of our beautiful little girl. Whether you are birthing at home, in a birth center or at a hospital, Dianne absolutely has your back. She is so good at helping us men help our women. She is focused on creating an environment for the couple to really experience intimacy through the miracle of birth.
People come into your life for several reasons and Dianne was there to help our family love, laugh and grow together as a family. She was able to center us during each contraction and provided the support and care that our family needed.